Thursday, April 17, 2014

Music to Live By...

Music has always been a major source of expression for me. Certain songs have pushed me through some of the darkest moments of my life and continue to encourage me in my brighter days. As I've grown, my taste in music has continued to evolve, but I am proud to say that my 2,000+ iPod library is extremely diverse :) While I do have my moments where I need to indulge in my secular collection of "old skool," hip hop, pop, alternative or r&b music (to name a few), I have grown to appreciate the music that penetrates my soul and speaks life to my situations in ways that no hot beat or clever play on words can ever accomplish. For me, the catchy beat has to be substantiated by the words and the Spirit behind them in order to keep my attention. I really want to share the music (new and old) that I believe God uses to speak to me directly, in hopes that one or more of those songs will affect your life for the better. Hey, I'm bored and I love music so hopefully my fellow music lovers will find my list refreshing and enlightening. Either way, here goes nothing!...
(Note: This list is not ordered by preference)
  1. Be Optimistic - Sounds of Blackness
  2. I Made It - Jonathan McReynolds
  3. Happy - Tasha Cobbs
  4. I Owe All - James Fortune & FIYA
  5. Keep On Moving - Soul II Soul (not really "gospel" but def positive)
  6. Today - Kirk Franklin
  7. The Anthem - Planetshakers
  8. Healer (Live version) - Hillsong
  9. Our God - Chris Tomlin
  10. Sovereign God - Maurette Brown Clark
  11. My Heart Has Been Restored - Maurette Brown Clark
  12. Hallelujah - Marvin Sapp
  13. Breathe Into Me - Fred Hammond
  14. God Is - James Cleveland
  15. Grateful - Youthful Praise
  16. Powerful God - Youthful Praise
  17. I Love the Lord - Whitney Houston (originally recorded by Richard Smallwood)
  18. Love Lifted Me - Youthful Praise
  19. Press In Your Presence - Shana Wilson
  20. Can't Give Up Now - Mary Mary
  21. I Worship You - Mary Mary
  22. Yes - Shekinah Glory Ministries
  23. Calling My Name - Hezekiah Walker
  24. For Your Glory - Tasha Cobbs
  25. Without You - Tasha Cobbs
  26. I Belong To You - William McDowell
  27. I Pray - Jessica Greene
  28. Thank You - Walter Hawkins
  29. He's Able - Darwin Hobbs & Deitrick Haddon
  30. Resting On His Promise - Youthful Praise 
  31. He Won't Fail - Fred Hammond
  32. Even In The Rain - Maurette Brown Clark
  33. Say A Prayer - Donald Lawrence
  34. I Am - Youthful Praise 
  35. Thou Art My God - Ricky Dillard
  36. It Ain't Over - Maurette Brown Clark
  37. Just A Prayer Away - Yolanda Adams
  38. Never Give Up - Yolanda Adams
  39. More Than Enough - Vickie Winans
  40. Make Me Over Again - Tonex
  41. More of Thee - Bishop Noel Jones
  42. No Other Choice - Tye Tribbett & GA
  43. Thank You - Benita Washington
  44. That Name - Yolanda Adams
  45. Turn Around - John P. Kee
  46. Without Love - Cece Winans
  47. You Are My Peace - Juanita Bynum
  48. Yahweh - Mali Music (as ministered by Juanita Bynum)
  49. Every Praise - Hezekiah Walker
  50. Song of Gratitude - Donnie McClurkin

No comments:

Post a Comment