Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Breaking the Silence...

Truth be told...I created this blog site earlier this year, but it has taken me until now to find something to write about. In my typical overly-analytical way, I over-thought this concept of blogging and lost sight of my purpose for starting a blog in the first place. After a lot of encouragement from friends and after reading another excellent blog site called Walk With Me (Walkwithme365.blogspot.com) I found my inspiration to give this thing an honest try. 

In the more recent years of my life, I have been mostly known for my quiet, shy personality. Many times, I found safety in keeping my mouth shut--not letting anyone into my thoughts about much of anything. I often found myself lost in the crowd as my overwhelming fear of not being accepted began to overcome my ability to speak. The crazy thing is that I haven't always been that way. And to be honest, I'm not like that in "real life" either.  Ask anyone close to me and they will all tell you that it's hard to get me to shut up sometimes. But that's how I am. I usually don't say anything unless I deem it important enough to say. I actually have an opinion about a lot of things, but I allowed my own insecurities, the devil's lies and other people to make me feel like my opinion didn't matter.

It wasn't until my relationship with Jesus Christ began to grow that I finally understood what it means to be free. Captivity starts in the mind -- what we tell ourselves that we can't do. I eventually learned that anything is possible and I want to show that to you through this blog.

Writing Under the Influence (let's call it WUI from now on) is my microphone, my podium, my sounding board and your window into the inner workings of a very complicated mind. WUI exists because of the influence Christ has been in my life. At times, I am going to be unbelievably transparent and tell you things that you may not agree with, but that's the beauty of this new chapter I'm starting in my life. This is my way of showing you how good God is and His outlook on the things we care about. Stay tuned and enjoy this journey with me!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new blog!! This is a great platform for you to speak your mind and say the things God has been placing on your heart! Keep it up and never let anyone or anything stop you from Writing Under the Influence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww! I'm so proud of my Shawn!

    ReplyDelete